Biyernes, Disyembre 6, 2013

מרן אתא


SCRUTATIO SCRIPTURAE

מרן אתא

MARAN 'ATHA
(THE LORD HAS COME!)

 A Scrutatio for the 2nd Sunday of the CHRISTIAN SEASON OF ADVENT

Readings from the Anglican Book of Common Prayer
Isaiah 11:1-10 / Psalm 72 / Romans 15:4-13 Matthew 3:1-12 

Readings for the Pauline/Vatican II Rite of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass
Isaiah 11:1-10 / Psalm 72:1-2, 7-8, 12-13, 17. / Romans 15:4-9 / Matthew 3:1-12

Readings for the Tridentine Rite of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass
Introit: Isaiah 30:30 and Psalm 80:1 
Epistle: Romans 15:4-13 
Gradual and Alleluia: Psalm 50 (49): 2-3, 5 and Psalm 121 (122):1

Gospel 
Matthew 11:2-10

Offertory: Psalm 84 (85):6-7
Communion Antiphon: Baruch 5:5; 4:36 

In times of trouble and distress: MARAN 'ATHA!

In times of blessing and blissfulness: MARAN' ATHA!

When only darkness and dullness is all I see: MARAN' ATHA!

When everything is okay and well with me: MARAN'ATHA!

Lord, when times are confusing: MARAN'ATHA!

And when thy will is fully revealed to me: MARAN'ATHA!

When I am down and out O Lord: MARAN'ATHA!

And when thy Joy has strengthened me: MARAN'ATHA! 

In my youthful vigor: MARAN'ATHA!

And when I am old, grey and frail: MARAN'ATHA!

When the hour of my death draws near: MARAN'ATHA!

O Lord, be ever there with me: MARAN'ATHA!

And with the blessed company: MARAN' ATHA!

Of all the saints and angels with Thee: MARAN' ATHA!

I may BLESS AND WORSHIP THEE: MARAN' ATHA! 

FOR ALL ETERNITY: MARAN' ATHA!

FOR THOU ART MY BLESSED BEGINNING, O LORD: MARAN' ATHA!

AND MY AWESOME END AND ETERNAL FULFILLMENT: MARAN' ATHA!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento