Martes, Pebrero 18, 2014

PADRE FLORENTINO

SCRUTATIO SCRIPTURAE

PADRE FLORENTINO


A Scrutatio for the 7th Sunday of the CHRISTIAN SEASON OF EPIPHANY

Readings from the Anglican Book of Common Prayer
Leviticus 19:1-2 and 9-18 / Psalm 71 / 1 Corinthians 3:10-11 and 16-23 / Matthew 5:38-48  

Readings for the Pauline/Vatican II Rite of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass
Leviticus 19:1-2 and 17-18 / Psalm 103:1-2, 3-4, 8+10 and 12-13. / 1 Corinthians 3:16-23 / Matthew 5:38-48

Sexagesima Sunday

Readings for the Tridentine Rite of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass
Introit: Psalm 44:230-26 and 2 
Epistle: II Corinthians 11:19-33 and  12:1-9   
Gradual: Psalm 83:19, 14
Tract: You have shaken the earth, O Lord, and thrown it into confusion.
Psalm 60:1 and 4

Gospel 
Luke 8:4-15

Offertory:
Psalm 17:5. 6-7
Communion Antiphon: Psalm 43:4

Last year, a certain Aries Rufo wrote a book entitled: “Altar of Secrets: Sex, Politics, and Money in the Philippine Catholic Church."

As far as I am concerned, for all the years that I have been a Disciple of Our Blessed Lord since January 7, 1990. I have not encountered one Priest who could be seen as a "Damaso," someone "worthy" of my shame and disgust...

All of the Priests that I have met and befriended since I was 11 years old were all PADRE FLORENTINOS...

You know? That Quite, Gentle, Patriotic and Holy Filipino Priest in El Filibusterisimo? 

From the Reverend Father Enrique Aloysius Maria Santos Aliño of the Archidocese of Manila (He is now under the auspices of the Diocese of Cubao)  to Fathers Avelino B. Bermundo and Dulcissimo of the Society of Our Lady of the Trinity and Father Melchior Balinggao of the Diocese of Novaliches,  to my four year journey within the Charismatic Episcopal Church under the guidance of Archbishop Loren  "Tatay" Thomas Hines D.D., Bishop Ariel Cornelio Santos, Bishop Ricardo "Dick" Alcaraz, the Very Reverend Father Roberto "Obet" Jorvina, Fr. Dino Jorvina and Fr. Nelson Tantoco, to my journey home through the Parish of San Antonio de Padua under Father Ronaldo J. Santos, my exposure to the Extraordinary Form of the Latin Rite with Father Michell Joe "Jojo" B. Zerrudo of the Diocese of Cubao,  down to my present Parish Priest, the Reverend Father Luisito Atanacio and our former Parochial Vicar, Father Alan Joshua Oresca, our new assistant Parish Priest, Fr. Randy Pascua. The Parish Priest of St. Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows, the Reverend Father Ramon Ramos of the Passionist Fathers, Father Eliseo L. Navarro of the Ministers of the Sick (a.k.a. "Camillians"), as well as Father Frank M. Papa and Father Randy of the Barnabite Fathers, and the Reverend Fathers who serve our Chapel of the Divine Mercy who are members of the Religious Congregation of the Marian Missionaries of the Holy Cross, all of them serving the Diocese of Antipolo.

That is why after all that has been "exposed" and "made public" in media, all I can respond to these various "media exposé" are PRAYER, PENANCE AND REPARATION.

Don't get me wrong, I do accept the fact that there are Priests who are, sad to say, unfaithful to our Blessed Lord and to Our Holy Mother Church. But I am still thankful to our Almighty God for giving me the blessed opportunity to be with such holy, simple and F.A.I.T.H.F.U.L. PRIESTS! 

Apart from the fact that I grew up under the BLESSED PONTIFICATES OF THE BLESSED (AND SOON TO BE SAINT) JOHN PAUL II AND POPE BENEDICT XVI! *;) winking

And as far as my personal experience is concerned, the more I am "bewildered" by these sad events in our Christian History, the more I SEE THE FAITHFULNESS OF GOD AMIDST OUR OWN UNFAITHFULNESS. 

And because of this, I can still say with utmost conviction: COR IESU SACRATISSIMUM, ADVENIAT REGNUM TUUM, ADVENIAT PER MARIAM!

 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento