Biyernes, Setyembre 7, 2012

Εφφαθα



SCRUTATIO SCRIPTURAE


Εφφαθα 

(Ephphatha)

A Scrutatio for the 15th Sunday of the CHRISTIAN SEASON OF ORDINARY TIME/TIME OF THE CHURCH

Readings from the Anglican Book of Common Prayer
Isaiah 35:4-7 Psalm 146 / James 1:17-27 / Mark 7:31-37

Readings for the Pauline/Vatican II Rite of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass
Isaiah 35:4-7a / Psalm 146:7, 8-9, 9-10. / James 2:1-5 / Mark 7:31-37

Readings for the Tridentine Rite of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass
Introit: Psalm 86:1-4 Epistle: Galatians 5:25-6:10
Gradual and Alleluia: Psalm 92:1-2 and 93:5

Gospel 
Luke 7:11-16


Offertory: 
Psalm 40:1-3
Communion Antiphon: John 6:52


In Today's society everything seems CLOSED to and ISOLATED from  JESUS...

THEREFORE OUR BLESSED LORD COMMANDS THIS ROYAL DEGREE: EPHPHATHA! 

BE OPENED!

Enough of the bronze gates of the culture of death and the isolating doctrine of relativism!

"Do not be afraid. OPEN WIDE THE DOORS TO CHRIST. TO HIS SAVING POWER open the boundaries of States, economic and political systems, the vast fields of culture, civilization and development. Do not be afraid. CHRIST KNOWS 'WHAT IS IN MAN.' HE ALONE KNOWS IT!"                             
- Blessed John Paul the Great

JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY TO ETERNAL SALVATION, THE FULLNESS OF LIFE AND THE ETERNAL TRUTH INCARNATE!

THEREFORE... EPHPHATHA! 

LET US OPEN OUR WHOLE LIFE TO HIM!


"Late have I loved YOU, O BEAUTY EVER ANCIENT, EVER NEW, late have I loved YOU!  YOU were within me, but I was outside, and it was there that I searched for YOU.  In my unloveliness I plunged into the lovely things which YOU created.  YOU were with me, but I was not with YOU.  Created things kept me from YOU; yet if they had not been in YOU they would not have been at all.  YOU called, YOU shouted, and YOU broke through my deafness.  YOU flashed, YOU shone, and YOU dispelled my blindness.  YOU breathed YOUR fragrance on me; I drew in breath and now I pant for YOU.  I have tasted YOU, now I hunger and thirst for more.  YOU touched me, and I burned for YOUR peace. "


-Aurelius Augustinus, Bishop of Hippo 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento