Biyernes, Abril 5, 2013

RESURRECTION CHRISTIANS

SCRUTATIO SCRIPTURAE


RESURRECTION CHRISTIANS



A Scrutatio for the 2nd Sunday of the CHRISTIAN SEASON OF THE CHRISTIAN PESACH/PASSOVER

Readings from the Anglican Book of Common Prayer
Acts 5:12, 17-22, 25-29.  Psalm 111 or 118:19-24 Revelations 1:1-19 / John 20:19-31

Readings for the Pauline/Vatican II Rite of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass
Acts 5:12-16 / Psalm 118:2-4 13-15 and 22-24. Revelations 1:9-11a, 12-13 and 17-19 / John 20:19-31

Readings for the Tridentine Rite of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass
Introit: I Peter 2:2 and Psalm 81:1
Epistle: I John 5:4-10
Gradual and Alleluia: Matthew 28:7 and John 20:26

Gospel 
John 20:19-31


Offertory: 
Matthew 28:2, 5 and 6
Communion Antiphon: John 20:27


In today's society, there is a new ideology that is being embraced by Christians of every age, language and culture, and I want to call this ideology "Resurrection christianity."

It is a christianity without OUR CRUCIFIED LORD!

"I am a 'Christian' ... and we have to do away with the 'old school' Doctrines of our Religion so that it will be more 'realistic' and more 'apt' for our 21st century modern age"

"I am a 'Christian' ... So I'm on the 'right track' baby I was born this way... and God 'accepts' me for who I am... therefore legalize our 'right to marry!' "

"I am a 'Christian' ... And it is a-okay to use the pill and the rubber! Let's legalize the RH/RP bill coz We have the 'right to choose' how  to use our sexuality and it is for the 'progress' and 'unity' of our country!"

"I am a 'Christian'... And God 'understands' my 'needs' and my 'animalistic nature' ... So back-off jerk!"

"I am a 'Christian' ... But I don't need a Crucified Lord... HE IS RISEN! He's my personal Lord and Savior... according to the programs of my personal 'apps.' "

We want to follow HIM in the GLORIES OF HIS RESURRECTION, yet we don't want to DENY OURSELVES AND SHARE IN THE CARRYING OF HIS CROSS SO THAT WE MAY FOLLOW HIM FAITHFULLY.

May we be challenged to be RESURRECTED CHRISTIANS, FOLLOWING OUR RISEN LORD, WHOSE WOUNDS HE HAD KEPT AS PRECIOUS REMINDERS OF THE BEAUTY OF HIS CROSS,  instead of the false ideologies of the Resurrection sect, so that, FROM GLORY TO GLORY WE ATTAIN TO THE FULLNESS OF BEING GOD'S NEW CREATION! 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento