Biyernes, Abril 19, 2013

כֹהֵ֥ן לְעוֹלָ֑ם


SCRUTATIO SCRIPTURAE

 

כֹהֵ֥ן לְעוֹלָ֑ם 

KOHEN HA'OLAM
(A Priest Forver)

A Scrutatio for the 4th Sunday of the CHRISTIAN SEASON OF THE CHRISTIAN PESACH/PASSOVER
 
Readings from the Anglican Book of Common Prayer
Acts 13:15-16, 26-39 Psalm 100 / Revelations 7:9-17/ John 10:22-30

Readings for the Pauline/Vatican II Rite of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass
Acts 13:14, 43-52 / Psalm 100:1-2, 3, and 5. / Revelations 7:9, 14b-17 / John 10:27-30

Readings for the Tridentine Rite of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass
Introit: Psalm 66:1-2 and 3 
Epistle: I Peter 2:11-19  
Gradual and Alleluia: Psalm 111:9 and Luke 24:26

Gospel 
John 16:16-22

Offertory:
Psalm 146:2
Communion Antiphon: John 16:16


September 26, 2012...
 
The Immaculate Conception Parish Church, Concepcion I, Marikina City.
 
I was anxiously waiting for the Priest who will hear my CONFESSION...
 
I was so restless that I inquired of the Priest's whereabouts twice in the Parish office...
 
It was already 5:00 P.M. ...
 
The office told me that the Sacrament of Reconciliation is administered at 4:15 and I arrived at 4:30 thinking that I was late, though I was alarmed to see that the confessional was empty...
 
A lady who was sitting beside me informed me that the Good Padre was sometimes present but no one except her was there to confess...
 
Ah... now I know why...
 
But then again on the second inquiry in the Parish Office I was told that when he is not feeling well due to his old age, he usually would administer the Sacrament at 5:00 rather than on its designated time...
 
Then the Reverend Father Arnuldo A. Estrada arrived with the keys to the confessional...
 
It was clear to us who were waiting for him (there were 5 or 6 of us) that he was not feeling well...
 
Yet he has CHOSEN TO BE GOD’S PRIEST AT THAT VERY MOMENT!
 
He has chosen to be the ALTER CHRISTUS, IPSE CHRISTUS... THE LIVING ICON OF CHRIST OUR ETERNAL PRIEST!
 
And aside from administering the Sacrament of Reconciliation,  HE EVEN PRESIDED OVER THE CELEBRATION OF THE MOST BLESSED SACRAMENT OF THE DIVINE LITURGY OF THE HOLY SACRIFICE OF THE MASS!
 
Fr. Arnuldo has valiantly chosen to be A KOHEN HA’OLAM! A PRIEST FOR EVER!
That even in his advance age and frail health, HE WOULD STILL MANIFEST IN HIS ACTIONS THE COMMITMENT THAT HE MADE FOR ALL ETERNITY...
 
SERVIAM!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento