Biyernes, Marso 15, 2013

γενηθήτω τὸ θέλημά σου

SCRUTATIO SCRIPTURAE
 

γενηθήτω τὸ θέλημά σου
Genēthētō to thelēma sou
(THY WILL BE DONE!)

A Scrutatio for the 5th/Passion Sunday of the CHRISTIAN SEASON OF LENT

Readings from the Anglican Book of Common Prayer
Isaiah 43:16-21 Psalm 126 Philippians 3:8-14 / Luke 20:9-19

Readings for the Pauline/Vatican II Rite of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass
Isaiah 43:16-21 Psalm 126:1-2a, 2b-3, 4-5, 6. Philippians 3:8-14 John 8:1-11

Readings for the Tridentine Rite of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass

Introit: Psalm 43:1-3
Lesson: Hebrews 9:11-15
Gradual: Psalm 143:9-10 and 18:48-49
Tract: Psalm 129:1-4

Gospel
John 8:46-59

Offertory:
Psalm 119:17 and 107
Communion Antiphon: I Corinthians 11:24-25

"Mah rules, mah moves, mah grooves..."

This is how ISOLATED we have become from OUR ALMIGHTY GOD AND FATHER...

Just like the wicked tenants... 

The woman caught in adultery, as well as her "jurors"... 

And those Jews who would dare throw a stone at our BLESSED LORD for INTRODUCING HIS TRUE IDENTITY as the GREAT I AM...

We want our own "caprichos" to dominate our lives instead of the PERFECT WILL OF THE FATHER...

We have become (or in the verge of becoming) CONTROL FREAKS due to our COUNTERFEIT VERSION OF OUR INDIVIDUALISTIC AND PURELY SELF CENTERED "FREEDOM".

But OUR LORD, whom we ALWAYS IGNORE, invites us, even CHALLENGES US to LIVE OUT THIS PRAYER OF HIS so that we may RECEIVE THE FULLNESS AND SPLENDOR OF FREEDOM: 


THY WILL BE DONE!

In my life, my family, my neighbors, my acquaintances, my classmates, my co-workers...


In my home, my community, my city, my municipality, my state/region, my province, my beloved country...


At the summit of my strength, my vigor, my endeavors and my achievements...


When I am down and out... 

In my "epic" failures...

In my hopelessness and the darkest moments of my life...

And lastly, at the hour of my death...


MAY OUR HEARTS BE OPENED TO THE LIVING TRUTH THAT IN GOD ALONE, OUR VERY LIVES AND OUR OWN "FREEDOM" HAS ALL ITS AWESOME FULLNESS AND SPLENDOR!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento